- was established as a non-governmental institution in 1991;
- unites the representatives of different adult education providers in Estonia;
- represents Estonian adult education in Europe and in the world;
- aims at increasing the competence of adult educators.
- participating in the development of education policy;
- taking active part in promoting adult education and the concept of lifelong learning in Estonia building up education-friendly environment;
- organizing campaigns and events highlighting the value of education such as the Adult Learners Week and Adult Education Forum;
- participating in national and international projects focused upon adult learning;
- recognizing the profession of an adult educator and attributing professional qualifications;
- consulting member organizations and engaging them in the projects advancing the development of adult education;
Since March 2013, ETKA Andras, together with the Estonian Ministry of Education and Research, is coordinating the project AGENDA – Implementation of the European Agenda for Adult Learning. Read more...
The mission of Andras is to provide the prerequisites for lifelong learning in Estonia, to include the decision makers and all other stakeholders in designing the educational environment, and to motivate learners in the learning process.